Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Shared Moments & Flexibility

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for inspiration. During a race it is easy to drown out everything around you, turn off your brain, and just focus on yourself. But during my race on Sunday, as I headed up a hill during mile 10, I looked up to see a dad pushing a strolling with his son (I assumed) in it. His son looked to be about 6, and he had no legs and what looked to be only half of each arm. Both the dad and son had huge smiles on their faces. I smiled. In that moment I couldn't help but smile. I was certain there was a greater purpose in the dad's running since his son came into this world. I imagined them training together. I smiled thinking that running is a passion they shared, though they experience it two different ways. I ran the last few miles with more appreciation and determination than I would have had I not seen them. (I should also mention they were way ahead of me...that dad can run FAST even pushing a stroller!)

I'm thankful for shared moments. Mckenna has little things she does with Ronnie and little things she does with me. One of my favorite mommy-Mckenna things is when I say "Mckenna, look in mommy's eyes," she stops everything and truly looks at me. Then I whisper, "I love you" and every time, like clockwork, while still looking deeply in my eyes she whispers back, "I love you." The way her little eyes twinkle as it unfolds...Ahh I love it.

I'm thankful for slow cookers. They make life easier...and more awesome! Need I say more?! I think the awesomeness of slow cookers is an undisputed truth!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for new medical equipment. I'm trying out a new vest called the Respin11, and so far, so good. It has different mechanics than the current Vests on the market, and even though it's early, I think it may end up working better for me. Only time will tell.

I'm thankful for quite time. A while ago, I decided that the only way I was going to consistently have time in the Bible was if I did it first thing in the morning. Because of our schedules, this meant that I had to start my devotions around 5am. Although it's early, it's also quite, dark and peaceful. And I'll be honest, I'm pretty sure coffee tastes better at that time too.

I'm thankful for the opportunity to go on family trips. I'm so thankful for the flexibility in our lives. Our trip to California last week was planned about 2 weeks in advance and we were able to go with little worry. As a bonus, my two brothers, mom and brother's GF were able to join us. It was so much fun!!

What about you? What are you thankful for today?