Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Started a New Routine: StrongLifts 5x5

Are you looking for a new routine to breakup the monotony of you current one? Or looking for something that is good for beginners? How about something that only has you lift weights for 3 days a week at 45 minutes a day? Something super easy and straightforward that even has an app that you can use to track your progress? Than I have the workout for you!! (Man, I definitely think they should use me to pitch their free product ;) )

I recently started the StrongLifts 5x5 program and I absolutely love have organized, easy and quick it is. The last thing I want to do in the gym is think, and this take all of the thinking out of it! I downloaded the app to track my progress and to tell me what to do every single workout and even tell me what weight to use. Couldn't be easier.

It's called the 5x5 program because there are only 5 different lifts that you have to "master" and each lift will be done at 5 sets of 5 reps (except for deadlift which is only 1 set of 5). You will only do 3 of those lifts on each day of your workout. That's it.

The five lifts are...

Squat


Deadlift


Bench Press


Overhead Press


Barbell Row



I'll keep you updated on my progress and would love to hear if any of you start this program as well!