Thursday, August 7, 2014

Thankful Thursday: 5 Star Chef & Tantrums


It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:
I’m thankful for eggs and sweet potatoes. I found a recipes online to “eggs and sweet potato hash” that I modified a bit. We’ve had it for breakfast two days in a row, and I’m pretty sure there is no yummier breakfast. Seriously, It’s like heaven in your mouth.

I’m thankful for hard workouts. One trainer in particular runs a harder class than the rest of the trainers. I love being in her class. She knows what she’s doing, pushes you, and makes it fun. There’s nothing like a hard workout to make you feel accomplished for the day.

I’m thankful for tantrums. Ok, not really. Mckenna has been quite the pill the last few days, enough to make me feel crazy. But I am thankful for what tantrums symbolize. They symbolize a little girl that is growing up and has her own thoughts, feelings and opinions…I don’t like how she shows those thoughts, feelings and opinions at times, but I am thankful that she is becoming her own little person….now just to make her express those without being a monster :)


Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for a wife that has been on quite the tear in the kitchen. Mandi has been on fire lately creating delicious breakfast, lunches and dinners for Mckenna and I. She makes some of the most well balanced and delicious meals on the planet. When I'm trying to eat more healthy, it's nice to have the support of a 5 star chef in the kitchen ;)

I'm thankful for family time. This past weekend my mom and brother came up from Tucson to hang out with Mandi, Mckenna and me. They also came up to watch Mckenna while Mandi and I attended my mother-in-laws birthday dinner. We're so seriously blessed by the amount of time we get to spend with our families. We realize that not everyone is able to do that.

I'm thankful for Apple TV. We use Apple TV to watch shows and to entertain Mckenna quite often. Sometimes, I even forget how much is packed into that little tiny black (or is it white??) box. I think I can speak for Mandi when I say that our favorite part of the day is after we put Mckenna down for the night and are able to hang out on the couch and watch a show together.

What are you thankful for today?