Thursday, August 28, 2014

Thankful Thursday: PS Mapp & Mckenna's Coffee

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I’m thankful for motivation. This weekend and the first half of the week I’ve been in a get ‘er done mood. It was a bit of a “if you give a mouse a cookie” situation happening, but I got so much rearranging, organization, and to dos checked off the to do list.

I’m thankful for heart rate monitors. It is so fun to see what your heart is doing when you really push yourself…but probably just because I’m a nerd.

I’m thankful for our foster classes (PS Mapp) instructors. They are great teachers, good people, and knowledgeable. We couldn’t ask for much more!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for Mckenna's "coffee". Mckenna sees me drinking coffee almost all day long. So lately, she's been asking if she can have coffee. I've been telling her that only daddies and mommies can have coffee, and that has usually squelched the ask. Yesterday, she asked for coffee in about the sweetest way possible, "because I want to snuggle you and drink coffee like Daddy". I had to figure out a solution. So, I put hot water in an espresso mug, put a drop of Nestle chocolate syrup and a splash of milk. It looks almost exactly like my coffee and it's hot, so she's all about it! I think she had 3 cups yesterday :)

I'm thankful for bunk beds. We recently set up a bunk bed in Mckenna's room and it is possibly one of the cutest things of all time. We have some exciting things planned for it, but for now, it's an unpainted bunk bed from IKEA. Mckenna loves it and has "slept like a big girl" since using it!

I'm thankful for snuggles. Yesterday, when Mckenna got up for her nap, I went into her room and asked her if she wanted to snuggle. She said yes so I climbed into her bunk bed and she wrapped her arms around my neck and fell back asleep. Besides her dragon breath blowing in my face, it was wonderful :)

What are you thankful for today?