Friday, March 6, 2015

A Healthy, Tasty Lunch

I'm just like every other women in the world, I love find new recipes on Pinterest. Some I make straight up, some I tweak. Here's a tweak, that is DELISH!


1 Everything Bagel Thin
1 Tbsp Fat Free Cream Cheese
Cucumbers
Tomatoes
Pepperoncini Slices
1.5oz Shredded Chicken
1/4c Avocado

Toast the bagel thing. Pile high. Get ready to enjoy every bite.



It's a super healthy lunch and really, really tasty. The only catch is that it's a bit messy (it kind of landslides). So grab some napkins.

We gave Mckenna a deconstructed twist on this (sandwiches that aren't held together with PB or melted cheese usually end up that way anyways). I told her it was an "appetizer plate" so she wouldn't wonder why I gave her such a mash up.

For her plate, we swapped out the chicken to cottage cheese, so she could use it like dip for all the goodies (avocado, cucumber and tomatoes). We also threw in some veggie straws for added dipped pleasure. I'm not sure that she loves cream cheese, as she ate the least amount of the bagel and cream cheese (we rarely have cream cheese, so I'm not sure if it was a fluke or a preference). But the rest went down the hatch joyfully. She loved it so much that she requested an "app plate" for dinner with the same stuff. I switched it up a bit (swapping the bagel and cream cheese for some apples and bananas). I had never tried the "app plate" angle in the past (she's had random meals full of finger foods in the past, but never gave it a name) and boy did the name stick. Give it a shot. We found it's a good way to pile small amounts of left overs all onto one plate :)