Thursday, April 30, 2015

Thankful Thursday: Placenta Previa & Good Friends

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I’m thankful for a God who answers prayers! At 12 weeks we found out her had a placenta previa. At 16 weeks we were told it was partial. At 18 weeks we were told it was a complete previa. Complete previas come with complications, and are the least likely to move before delivery, making a vaginal delivery off the table, and can lead to some issues. The ultrasound tech at 18 weeks said she would be surprised if mine moved because it, in her words, looked pretty fixed on the end covering my cervix. WELL FORGET SCIENCE AND STATISTICS!! I have been praying that God would work a miracle and move my placenta from a complete previa to a marginal previa (just touching the end of the internal part of the cervix) by this visit. It statistically was a long shot, but I was bold and asked. Yesterday, we found out that my placenta had moved…and wasn’t even marginal, it’s now not touching the internal OS (internal part of the cervix) at all…it’s moved away by .6cm - making it considered a low-lying placenta. It’s still too close to the cervix to deliver vaginally, but as it is now, and the fact that it’s moving, means it should move enough before delivery to allow for that option!! GOD IS SO GOOD!!

I’m thankful for Dunkin Donuts breakfast sandwiches. They are seriously SO good!! ‘Nough said!

I’m thankful for good friends. My girlfriends have helped so much with hospital stay with watching the girls and playdates! It has really been a major sanity saver!!

Ronnie's List:

I’m thankful for a good report from the OB! Mandi's complete placenta previa has moved and they are confident that it will move the required amount to safely have a vaginal delivery. For those who don't know, Mandi is one of those weirdos that absolutely loved giving birth...without even a tylenol to help mask the pain.

I’m thankful for increased lung function. After my first week in the Hole, my FEV1 has increased from 63% to 72%. Now, I'm just waiting for my lungs and body to catch up with those numbers and hopefully spring out of this place sooner rather than later.


I’m thankful for a time and a place. I had a pretty large episode of hemoptysis last night and I'm thankful that it happened here at the hospital. I coughed up around 1 cup of bright red blood (the bathroom looked like a murder scene) and it left me quite light-headed. A rapid response team was in my room in a matter of minutes and took the proper and necessary steps to ensure that I was stable. Glad it didn't happen at home!


What are you thankful for today?