Thursday, August 27, 2015

39 Weeks Pregnant!



How far along: 39 weeks pregnant...Due September 3rd!

Gender: Baby BOY!!

Total weight gain: Up 20.5 lb.

Exercise: For the last few weeks my workout routine has been the same. I do my HIIT class 3 days a week and then the other 2 days I walk. I am definitely slowing down. I can feel my extra weight I'm carrying in a lot of the leg exercises, and my belly is starting to get in the way. But I've decided that I'll just keep it up and deal with it...after all, I will have 6 weeks off soon!

Maternity clothes: I mainly live in workout clothes, dresses, and the pair of normal shorts I bought a couple sizes up. I did buy a black, maternity dress last week that is SO comfy, so that's been a go-to as well.

Miss anything: Being able to jump in my HIIT class and not fear that I may pee myself...an empty bladder is a MUST and usually requires a mid-class potty break to be safe. How's that for TMI?

Movement: All the time...I absolutely love it. He's been even more active the last couple weeks. I'm definitely ready to see his sweet face, but I am trying to just enjoy every last nudge and kick.

Have you started to show: I'm the most pregnant I've ever been (Mckenna came 8 days ago), and my belly shows it. But I love it!

Stretch marks: This is a tricky one. I never got stretch marks on my belly with Mckenna. But ever since puberty I've had stretch marks on my thighs, tush, and hips. They are very fine and you only really see them when the light hits them right. So there's a good chance that I got more with Mckenna, I just have no idea. My guess is I may be getting more as we speak, I just can't see them in comparison to what is already there!

Belly button in or out: It's an innie-outie. Sometimes it's out, sometimes it's in...depending on where he's positioned. But more often than not, it's flush with the rest of my belly.

Wedding rings on or off: On, when I actually wear them! I take them off for exercise, showers, and sleeping...and between my mommy brain and pregnancy brain, I often forget to put them back on!

Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty well. Just up a couple times to pee and then back out like a light. I've also been sneaking in a mid-day nap several days this week, and it's GLORIOUS.

Labor signs: I've had about every sign under the sun over the last few weeks. He's crazy low, my mucus plug is gone, I've had my bloody show, I'm having a ton of braxton hicks, I've had some bouts of false labor, you name it. But he's still hanging out in there. Today my midwife checked me for the first time and said he's very low (she actually exclaimed it, ha!), my cervix is very soft, I'm 80% effaced and 1.5cm dilated. But as we all know, I could walk around like that for 2 more weeks. That said, for some reason the midwife believes he will be here this weekend...we will see if she is right!

Best moment of this week: As of today Baby N is officially back home. This may be one of the best moments of the year..not just the week. We couldn't be more thrilled for her and her mom and dad. This is the story you hope for as a foster parent. Her family walked this phase in their lives well. They deserve to have her home with them, and we are just happy we could be a part of Baby N's life when she needed us. Some of your kids need you til their 18. Some need you til their 25. She only needed us until she was 8 months, and now we set her free to need her mom and dad!