Friday, September 4, 2015

40 Weeks Pregnant: BENNETT'S HERE!


How far along: BENNETT IS HERE!...Due September 3rd...BORN SEPTEMBER 1ST

Gender: Baby BOY!!

Total weight gain: Gained 20.5 lb...still up 8.5lbs.

Exercise: I'm off (officially) for the next 6 weeks. But I will ease back in with walks and possibly light jogs before the 6 week mark. Funny and fitting: my water broke in my HIIT class at the gym Monday evening! (more on the birth story in the next few days)

Maternity clothes: Packed up and put away!

Miss anything: I love seeing his sweet face and snuggling him...but I do miss having him inside of me and feeling his little movements and kicks.

Movement: He often all of a sudden kicks his little legs out just like I felt him always doing on my right side in my belly. I LOVE seeing what I felt for so many months.

Have you started to show: I've started to deflate! 

Stretch marks: I think I have some new ones on my hips and such, but it's tough to really tell with what was there.

Belly button in or out: Back in!

Wedding rings on or off: On, when I actually wear them! I take them off for exercise, showers, and sleeping...and between my mommy brain, I often forget to put them back on!

Sleep: I'm sleeping as much as I can. But right now just trying to soak in snuggles, even if they happen in the night...reminding myself they won't last forever.

Labor signs: Oh boy! As I've always said, I love labor and delivery. His labor and delivery were quick! I will share the whole story in the next few days!

Best moment of this week: Finally holding our little boy in my arms and seeing him in the arms of his Daddy and sister. It was a long, trying, faith-stretching road to add this little guy to our family. But every canceled cycle, failed cycle, and miscarriage were all part of our journey to him. God's plan for our family was this little boy...and if anything was different, he would not be in my arms right now. I am so thankful for God's plan playing out instead of my own. Bennett means "blessed"...and man is that fitting!