Thursday, April 23, 2009

"Scratching" My Lung Itch

7:30am: I slept in a little bit today cause I know that tonight will be a later night than usual. It felt VERY good to do, believe me. J Bell wasn't too happy about it and had been panting at my door for about an hour. I felt well rested when I got out of bed and my lungs felt more clear than yesterday. I got a lot of gunk up initially but it then subsided until I was about half way through my walk. My lower lobe is a bit sore today but I think it may have to do with coughing a bit more than normal. I have had an "itchy" lung the last couple of days, so I've really been focusing on getting it out of there by "scratching" that itch, aka coughing. I have a powerful cough as it is, but it's REALLY strong when I'm forcing them out. I'm surprised I haven't broken a rib at this point.
My walk went well. It was definitely hotter than usual, but I kind of like that cause I break into a sweat sooner. Something about sweating really makes me feel like I'm working hard. I'll really feel like I'm working when the Arizona summer hits! My feet and legs felt great and I had a really good pace. By the time I got back home I felt wide open and was taking in some really deep breaths.

Total Distance: 2.1 miles Time: 35'16"

3:30pm: Mandi got off work early today (she went in at 5am) so we were able to go to the gym together earlier than normal. It was a good thing cause we have a CFF event tonight that I'll be saying a couple words at. I posted the event video a couple of days ago, definitely check it out if you haven't seen it. We still had to be on the ball at the gym and couldn't fiddle fart around though if we were going to be ready for the event in time. I still had to do my treatments and write this post.

We both did legs and shoulders today. Mandi had to back off a little cause her knee was bothering her, but she just lessened the weight and increased the reps on her lifts. My legs felt great on the other hand and I was able to increase the weight or reps on every lift. My shoulders hurt today while I was lifting, so I didn't get too aggressive with them. Overall though, I felt strong and got a great workout in.

To finish up the workout we each did 15 minutes on the stair climber. We really wanted to finish our legs off and figured that would be a good way to do it. Let me tell you, the stair stepper did it's job. I was sweating like a pig and it was forcing me to take some big ol' breaths. I felt good all of the way through and kept the same pace throughout. By the end of our time I had done 40 floors and I felt great about it. That is, until Mandi yelled out from the machine next to me, "80 floors! Boom!". I hate her. Current Weight: 186 lbs.

Total Distance Walked for Day: 2.1 miles
Total Floors Climbed for Day: 40

1 people had something to say...:

Imagine Beyond said...

hi ^_^ I'm 20 with cf, just wanted to say that I think you're awesome :)!
thanks for the inspiration!