Saturday, May 2, 2009

No Excuse for Missing Treatments

8:00am: I slept in this morning and it felt oh so good. I slept like a rock and didn't have to correct my oxygen too many times last night. I naturally woke up at around 6:15, but I forced myself to go back to sleep cause I have been feeling a little worn down lately. I realize how important it is to rest when my body needs it and I know that I need to back off when my body calls for it.

Mandi planned a little day trip for ourselves so we knew that the exercise and walking schedule was going to be thrown off. I wanted to get at least the dog walk in though, so as soon as I rolled out of bed I took Jezzabel for our normal 2.1. I felt really good this morning lung wise and my feet felt great. I was wanting to run today, but I couldn't squeeze it in. We were traveling most of the day, so the morning walk was all that I got in. That, I can deal with, I don't like it, but I can deal with it. The other thing that suffered today were my treatments.

I only managed to get in my morning and night treatment. I brought my travel neb and medicine, but for one excuse or another, I didn't do it. Let me tell you, I could tell throughout the day that I wasn't on top of my treatments. I was much tighter today than normal and just felt like it was harder to get in breaths. The one thing I want to do in all of this is not miss my treatments. I've done really well so far, and today was an anomaly, but I'm still mad at myself for not getting them done. There is just no excuse not to take another 30 minutes out of my day and puff on a nebulizer. I wish I could give you one, but I can't. They would all seem pretty small compared to my desire to take full and deep breaths.

Total Distance: 2.1 miles Time: 36'55"

Total Distance Walked for Day: 2.1 miles