Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Need Your Help

So today was full of nothing but packing and getting ready for the big trip coming up. Tomorrow, Mandi and I take off for Rocky Point, Mexico which is about 4 hours from Tucson, Arizona. My family has been going there every year for the last 30+ years as sort of a yearly family reunion of sorts. Now, when I say family, I'm talking about between 28-32 people who go every year. We all pitch in to rent a 8 bedroom beach house and fill our days with games, eating, chatting, napping, etc. We are a very close family who will find any excuse to get together but this trip is nice because it's not because of a birthday, holiday, or graduation, it's just because we love each other. Having that support system is a huge reason why I am here today and I can't begin to tell you how thankful I am for them.

I'm also excited that Mandi is going to be able to spend so much time with my whole family. Everyone who has met her loves her to death (including family members) but they haven't had the chance to spend a whole lot of time with her. She's up for just about anything at anytime, so I know that she's going to fit right in on this trip.

As far as the blog goes, I'm going to try to keep it active with stories, pictures, and miscellaneous stuff from the trip. I would also like to write a couple pieces about Cystic Fibrosis while I'm there. I won't be exercising in Mexico like I do here, so I won't be keeping up an exercise journal like usual. I will be active, but there's no gym to lift at where I'm going, and I think my body needs the rest anyway. Mandi and I will be doing plenty of beach walking/running and there will be many a beach sports going on all day long. We rent kayaks while we're down there so I'll be getting a great upper body workout as well.

Last thing, I'm always looking to write about stuff that people want to read. So I'm asking you readers out there, "What would you like me to write about?". Send me your suggestions. Send me your questions. Have anything you want answered concerning Cystic Fibrosis? Anything about me personally? My views? Anything. You want it, I'll write it.

Thanks. I look forward to your responses.

1 people had something to say...:

Kellee said...

I hope you guys have a wonderful, safe and fun trip!

I expect a music video =)