Thursday, October 22, 2009

Connecting to the CF Community

I think I’ve said this before, but let me say it again. Technology is amazing. I’ve met SO MANY CFers and their families since starting this blog and I feel so fortunate to have met each and everyone of them. I recently obtained a Facebook account after many years of stating that I “don’t have time for that”. Well now, a majority of my day is spent online so I was out of excuses. In the short time I have been in Facebook I have had a ton of conversations with others in the CF community via chat, email or wall-to-wall that I would have never of met otherwise. So thankful for that.

I’m also thankful for the time I was able to spend with Eric (Mandi’s dad). Fortunately we’ve gotten along right from the get go. We share many of the same personality traits and we seem to “bond” by ripping each other. I think he like me (at least I hope he likes me) because not only can I take it, but I can dish it too. He’s just a fun guy to be around and although he’s now 50 plus (just kidding Eric, I know you're only 49), I have a hard time keeping up with him. Now that he’s gone, maybe I can get some rest J

One more thing I technology, have you guys ever heard of a Slingbox? If not, seriously, it’s crazy, now let me explain. As I mentioned earlier, Mandi’s parents live in China. One thing that they miss is American TV shows, you know, the greats like “The Bachelor” and “Dancing with the Stars”. Well yesterday we took care of that little problem by purchasing this Sling box device. Now, I took us about 12 hours to figure out how to set it up (I’m serious), but once we had it cranking, we soon realized how worth it that was. Now, from anywhere in the world, you can tap into their TV and watch it live over the computer. You can also control the DVR to record new shows or watch the ones that are already recorded. As we speak, Mandi’s mom is catching up on “Modern Family”. Which, if you haven’t already seen it, I HIGHLY recommend it!