Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Tis the Season (but we can still workout)!!

My posts this Christmas season will probably be a bit different than many of you are used to. Here's the reasons: One, I don't expect many of you, nor want you, to be here on my blog instead of with your family. Two, this time of year is also crazy for me. Three, it will give us all a chance to relax a little more and catch up on previous posts. What I'd like to do is re-post blogs or videos that you all found either interesting or which received a lot of "action". How does that sound?

I do however want to encourage you guys to make sure to stay as active as possible during this time of year. Believe me, I know it's hectic and the weather can stink, but that can't stop us from doing 100 jumping jacks in our living room :) Just because you can't take 30 minutes to walk or run, doesn't mean you can't take 5 minutes to do push-ups. Anytime you increase your heart rate, you're most likely also having to take deeper breaths and probably coughing a bit. Even if you can only squeeze in 5 minutes a day, it's still better than doing jack squat!

Make sure to watch this video if you haven't before, then, let me know what your excuse is!


Alright, let me have em...why can't you commit to at least 5 minutes of real exercise a day for the next 5 days? Actually, tell me why you couldn't commit to 15 :)