Friday, March 19, 2010

There Will Be Blood

Yesterday was a good day! It started off with a morning walk in which I painted the city streets gold with my mucus (although it was actually pretty clear). I can't stress enough how good it feels to get a walk in first thing in the morning. I know I sound like a broken record to you regular readers, but if you're thinking about starting an exercise program to improve your lung function, start there! You'll never cough up so much mucus!! I was just chatting with a fibro over on CysticLife who just made a morning bike ride part of his routine and he is AMAZED at the difference in how he feels the rest of the day. I just think it's so important to get the mucus up and out that has just been sitting there as you sleep at night!

Jezzabel and I also had a great time down at the wash! It was hotter than normal so she didn't have her usual stamina, but it was still a good time. We did a couple of sprints together and then apart from her trying to chase down a bird, it was pretty uneventful. Actually, I just thought of something. While in the wash I picked off a cuticle from my right pinky finger. It proceeded to bleed like CRAZY. We're talking blood dripping from my finger crazy! Anyway, I made my way back up to Mandi's house and proceeded to convince her and her mom that I had gotten bit by a snake while trying to protect JBell. They bought it hook, line and sinker.

Finally, I wrapped the day up with a nice run. It felt 1,000,000 times better than yesterday, but it was not without a slight hitch. My lungs felt great. My legs felt great. And I was keeping a nice pace. Problem was, about a mile into the run I had a very hard cough that ended up producing some blood. I kept running to make sure it wasn't a fluke, but after 3 more gobs of blood and mucus came up, I decided to slow it down to a walk. Hey, it happens. No reason to panic or get upset. I just made sure that I continued to cough until all of the blood was cleared and then I'll be back on the road tomorrow. This is just one of those times not to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Blood happens. Deal with it and then move on :)

Thanks again for all of the encourage words yesterday guys!! It really pumps me up and motivates me to get all of my workouts in!