Monday, April 12, 2010

I Have a Confession...

So I have a confession...we've been keeping you (a little) in the dark. As you all know, we've been house hunting for the last 4 months. Well after several houses, several offers, and several let downs, we FINALLY found the PERFECT house for us, put an offer in, and....let me back up a bit.

So two weeks ago, Ronnie, my mom (who was still in town from Josh and Chrissy's wedding), our trusty real estate agent (a good friend of ours, Mike) and I all went to look at a house that had come onto the market that morning. We were the first ones through. We walked in and instantly fell in love with it. It was exactly what we wanted: good-sized, big enough to grow a family into, a great yard, pretty, comfy, inviting, and in our favorite neighborhood. We spent about an hour in it and KNEW the house was for us. We left and made an offer on it that day. After waiting 24 LONG hours, we heard back with a counter offer. We went back and forth a few times, and finally, last Friday, they accepted our offer. Now, I wanted to shout it from the roof tops (and obviously wanted to write my Mandi Monday about it last week) BUT Ronnie told me I had to wait at least until it passed inspection. So last Monday we went down and stroked the check to open escrow and then headed over to the house for the inspection. We were able to spend the whole time with the inspector (which was good because he taught us A LOT) and when it was all said and done he said it was a "peach".

So it's looking like this is ACTUALLY going to be our first place. We are so excited. We just have to get officially approved for our mortgage (should be ok because we were already pre-approved) and we plan to close on April 30th (YUP, ONLY 18 MORE DAYS). I can't wait. Ronnie will conveniently be in the Hole getting a tune up when we close, so it will be my mom (who will be back in town at that point) and I painting and getting the first of our belongings moved in. As you can imagine, I've spent hours online looking at decorating tips, ideas, and inspiration. Once we are all settled in, we will take a few photos to share...but we'll wait for now, just to keep you coming back for more :)

Anywhooo, my apologies for keeping you all in the dark on this one, but Ronnie told me I should "manage my expectations" until it passed inspection. He didn't want me letting the cat out of the bag, getting MORE excited, only to not end up with the house. I will do my best not to lie to you like that in the future ;-)