Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tip Top Tuesday

Sorry about my absence yesterday...and that you had to see me sound asleep, mouth wide open, drooling. As Ronnie said, I wasn't feeling too hot. On Saturday morning, I woke up around 5:30 AM with an upset stomach. I tossed and turned until around 6:30 AM when I decided I had to get up because something was going to come out of one end or another (I hope you're not reading this over breakfast). I ended up getting sick a few times, and then went back to sleep until 12:30 PM. I knew I had to get up because I had to drive up to Phoenix and get everything together for the Phoenix Great Strides walk the next morning (Sunday). So I got up and made the drive to Phoenix, took a quick nap, spent several hours getting stuff ready for the walk, and headed to bed. I felt pretty crumby all of Saturday, but luckily when I woke up Sunday at 5 AM to get to the walk to set up (and mingle with all the wonderful folks there) I felt a lot better. I was able to eat a little bit throughout the day and keep it down, but all the activity and lack of food had me conked out by 9:00 last night. Needless to say, I didn't get my blog in and Ronnie was nice enough to cover for me and let me sleep.

Unfortunately, it turns out that it wasn't food poisoning like we predicted. It appears to be a little 24-hour flu bug that Ronnie ended up coming down with late Sunday night. He started feeling nauseous right before bed. He initially was worried that he was getting a bowel blockage because he hadn't been able to go to the bathroom for a few days and remembered a similar feeling and scenario when he had his last blockage. Hoping to feel better he took some laxatives (in hindsight, that probably wasn't the best thing for him). Within an hour, he started throwing up. He finally got to sleep, but woke up not feeling great and still had it coming from both ends. He slept most of the day (with the exception of a few hours that we snuck away to sign all of our house docs...we close on Friday, but we'll update you on that later in the week).

Luckily we know it's just a 24-hour bug, so Ronnie should be feeling better today. I'm sure he'll update you all tomorrow with how he's doing. In the meantime, thanks for checking in today, and forgiving my "skip day" yesterday.