Thursday, April 1, 2010

Today My Heart Breaks (and Burns)

There are many things to be thankful for on this Thankful Thursday, but here are some that come to mind:

I had a great dinner tonight. Not only was the food delicious, but it was cheap and I was able to enjoy it with Mandi and her parents. There is a sports bar near their house called Zipps. I haven't been to a Zipps very often, but after tonight, I may have to stop in more frequently. Every night starting at 8pm they offer specials. Tonight's specials that I took advantage of were 4 tacos for 4 dollars and mozzarella cheese sticks for 5 dollars. Mandi and I actually split the two. The cheese sticks were interesting in that they were wrapped in an egg roll type of a deal. To be honest, not the best ever, but I'm glad that I tried them. The tacos were pretty good though...now if only I could shake this heartburn!

I mentioned this on Facebook the other day, but let me say it again. I'm so thankful for the performance of my compressor lately. I mean, it's always done well, but it's been kicking butt the last couple of days. Weird thing is, I haven't done anything special to it for it to be performing better. One reason may be the fact that the tubes are staying on better than normal and I've been able to crank it to 30 psi. But again, why are the tubes staying on so well??

Lastly, what I'm not thankful for...Mandi and I are having problems. I don't know if it's the stress of the upcoming wedding or if it's that her (overbearing) parents are in town, but we seem to be fighting a lot lately. I don't want to set off any unneeded alarms, but I thought I would just mention it. It's not a "maybe we won't make it to the wedding?" kind of a thing as much as it is a "maybe we rushed into it?" kind of a thing. I don't know, maybe I'm just venting a little. Things just seem off you know? I mean, how do you really know if somebody is right for you?? Obviously it's not your guy's problem, but I certainly wanted to shed some light on it before she started spreading false rumors about me or something.

Oh, and by the way, it is April Fool's Day right??? :)

*And just so we're clear, Mandi is the love of my life and we are head over heels for each other and just counting down the days until she's walking towards me dressed in white :)