Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Perfect Way to End a Day...

Man, what a day! First though, I think we ought to start with the weekend that preceded it. This weekend was a blast. We had a successful event for CysticLife on Saturday (pictures here) and I'm so thankful that Fred Astaire Dance Studios would be willing to raise money for the CF community. The studio required nothing from us return and just asked that we enjoy the show. We were pleased to find out that they sold close to 250 tickets which was well over their average of 130 as compared to past years. It was extra special as my family drove up for the event and Mandi's mom happened to be in town as well. We were all able to hang out afterwards and grab a bite to eat (grandma included) which is definitely one of my favorite things to do.

The fun continued on Sunday when Nancy (mom-in-law), Josh (bro-in-law), Chrissy (sis-in-law) and Wongers came down to hang out and enjoy some homemade tacos. Mandi and I love hosting company. We actually had to run out and get some shower curtains as all of them stayed the night (except for Wong). Nancy was flying out the next morning and Josh/Chrissy wanted to see what the morning commute was like as they are thinking about moving to the area (don't even get me started about how excited I would be if that happened). Anyways, it made for a great time and I'm hoping that we have another hangout/sleepover/dinner party real soon!

Monday started as any typical Monday full of work with a little bit of work sprinkled in. I was actually looking forward to getting back to it as I worked less this weekend than I normally do. The real fun started at the end of our workday though. We were able to babysit the A-Clan, minus one member. We met my cousins, and their gaggle of kids, at a local park to hang out with them as they took Ella (oldest child and only daughter) to her first grade orientation. We were left with Levi, Noah and Luke. All are adorable and all are full of energy upon energy. The job was made simple in the fact that this park has a killer playground. The kids spent most of the time on the "monkey web" as they call it. It's this big contraption made up of 100's of ropes that form almost a pyramid shape that the boys (and I) had a fun time climbing. The park also has a dog park inside of it, so it was also fun to watch all of the dogs come and go. We only got to spend a couple of hours with them, but it was packed full of excitement and non-stop action. Which leads me to the best way to end the day...

...I'm actually writing this early Tuesday morning as I just woke up next to Mandi on the couch. We fell asleep snuggling on the couch at who knows what time. We couldn't keep our eyes open (which is rare for me) and before I knew it, it was the middle of the night and I still had to do my last treatment. That last treatment is currently shaking me as I sit here and I type this blog. I can look to my left and see my beautiful bride just laying here sound asleep. I can't believe how lucky I am to be able to see her every night before I close my eyes and then wake up with her every morning when they open.

My vest just ended and now I must be off to bed; it all starts over in the morning. If I'm luckily though, tomorrow will end just as today.