Saturday, October 2, 2010

Workout Week In Review

Here's a little update about my workouts this last week...

Monday - I had a short walk, short as in 15 minutes, before my Pulmonary Function Test. They also sprang me from the Hole on this day. Yippee!

Tuesday - First day out of the Hole, so I wasn't expecting much. We decided to really push and run/walk a preselected route in which we did not know the distance. It went better than I expected it to go.

Distance: 2.35 miles Time: 40:00 Pace: 17:00

Wednesday - Selected a new, shorter route with the hope of improving my pace. Had some blood issues about 2 minutes into the run, but it never got that bad so I pushed through. This was a sprint/run/walk and I improved my pace by almost 2:30 minutes!

Distance: 1.8 miles Time: 26:00 Pace: 14:27

Thursday - Decided that I would sprint/run/walk the same route with the hope of bettering my pace from the day before. Mission accomplished.

Distance: 1.8 miles Time: 22:23 Pace: 12:26

Friday - Last workout before the weekend and this one was a doozy. I accompanied Mandi on her 4 mile run...but let me point out that I was on a bike. Nevertheless it was a 44 minute bike ride followed immediately by a sprint/run/walk of my own. I didn't really know what to expect, but I must say, I was pleased with the results.

Distance: 1.8 miles Time: 20:52 Pace: 11:35

All-in-all it was a great week for me. Only had one small bout with hemoptysis that seemed to just take care of itself. I was able to improve my pace everyday which I am very proud of. I'm hoping the trend will continue.

By the way, I also track all of my workouts on a site called dailymile.com. If you'd like to become my friend on there so we can challenge each other and hold one another accountable in our workouts, go to http://www.dailymile.com/people/RonnieS to join and become my friend!