Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thankful Thursday - DWill & DD

Know what time it is? It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. as I mentioned, I no longer have the "linkytools" but I invite you to share your thankful blog in the comments section. Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for spin class. As Ronnie mentioned yesterday, last week we started doing a spin class...and we LOVE it. I was beginning to get a little bored doing 30-60 minutes of cardio a day, of the same thing, over and over and over. So I looked into other classes at the gym (I was already doing step on Fridays, but wanted something on the other days). I thought spin could be something fun Ronnie and I could do together, so we gave it a shot and it was a blast. It's our new Tuesday/Thursday cardio in the afternoons...and man am I thankful for it!

I'm thankful for Dunkin' Donuts egg and cheese sandwiches. We got DD yesterday morning on the way down to Tucson (I had meetings so we headed down nice and early). And man, every time I have an egg and cheese sandwich on a cinnamon bagel I am oh so thankful for their existence. Unfortunately they pack about 450-500 calories and your daily sodium limit, so they're not an everyday option, but MM MM MMMMM!

I'm thankful for AC. It is really heating up in AZ these last few weeks, and I have to say, life without air conditioning would be miserable. Typically Ronnie fights me on the temperature of the house - refusing to turn on the air until the house is over 85 degrees. But this summer, thanks to peanut, he's turning on the air...and actually keeping the house around 79 or 80 degrees!! WAHOO...thank you pregnancy and thank you sensitive hubby!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for my in-laws pool. It's definitely been heating up for the past couple of weeks, but we were able to escape the heat a bit this weekend by diving in a vat of water. There aren't many feeling that can beat diving head first into a pool on a hot summer's day. We did just that this past weekend with friends and family and had an absolute blast playing pool games. Now that I'm talking about it, I may have to go back for more in a couple of days!

I'm not only thankful for their pool, but I'm also thankful that I'll be able to hang out with my in-laws as they are making their way into town on Friday. It's been a handful of months since we've seen them last and we can't wait to love up on them for the couple of weeks that they're around. It's the times that they're around that I wish China was closer.

I'm thankful for the joy I'll experience tonight while watching the NBA draft. For those that don't know, I'm a die hard U of A basketball fan, and one of our players is expected to be picked in the top 5 of tonight's draft. We haven't had a top 5 pick since I believe the 1998 draft, so this is certainly an exciting time for Wildcat fans. I just can't wait to see the look on D-Will's face as he makes his way across the stage. He deserves every second of it.

So, what are you thankful for today?