Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Wedding and Power of Two Movie

What a great weekend (as you can tell by Mandi Monday being posted on Tuesday)!

As Ronnie posted, we were in California for a good friend’s wedding. The wedding was in one of my favorite places in the country, Newport Beach. I absolutely love everything about that place; the weather, the quant strip of shops and restaurants, the houses, the beach…I could go on forever. I could live anywhere in the country and bring our families with us, I would move us all to Newport Beach. The only catch is that we’d all need to be multi-millionaires to buy homes there!

It was awesome visiting my favorite town, and for such a great event. Kirra and Tyler’s wedding weekend was fantastic. The rehearsal dinner was great, the wedding was wonderful, and the brunch on Sunday was amazing. It was great to get to spend time with them and share such a joyous event in their lives.

One last minute addition to our trip was yesterday (we extended our trip by a day). Last week we received an email from the folks behind The Power of Two movie about premiers being held in LA this weekend. Because CysticLife is a Community Partner of The Power of Two and because Ronnie and I are HUGE fans of all that Ana and Isa do for the CF community, we decided that we had to go to one of the premier showings of the documentary.

Holy smokes - it was amazing. Ana and Isa are such huge inspirations to Ronnie and me (and the whole CF community). I was so excited to watch a film about their great accomplishments and life stories. I was not disappointed. I recommend this film to everyone in the CF community, transplant community, and really, anyone who likes an inspiring story about two great people. I’m eagerly awaiting its release onto DVD so I can purchase a copy to watch anytime! I can’t rave enough about these two women and I can’t say enough about what they have created with this documentary. There are additional showings, and I highly recommend going if you can. If you can’t, wait eagerly for a chance to purchase a DVD!!

Another awesome coincidence is that because we were headed to the premier, we were able meet with a dear friend and business colleague who lives in Santa Monica. She has been out on maternity leave and we’ve missed her in all of our work dealings. So getting a chance to meet up with her for a couple of hours and see her handsome little boy (I can only hope Peanut will be ½ as cute) was incredible.

All in all it was an awesome vacation, mixed with a little business!