Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Yoga Pants & "Magic Touch"

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:


I'm thankful for Mckenna's daddy...aka Ronnie. I say is that way though because Ronnie wears many hats around this house, and Mckenna's daddy is one of them. He is such a great daddy. He's fun. He's attentive. He's loving. He's knowledgeable. He's everything Mckenna could ever ask for in a daddy. I love watching him grow as a dad and watching Mckenna be totally smitten by him. If we want BIG smiles out of her, she needs her daddy. If we want her to be content and nothing is working, she needs her daddy. If mommy is frustrated with trying to figure her out, she needs her daddy. Bottom line, she needs her daddy and I'm so thankful that Ronnie is such a good one!

I'm thankful for yoga pants. Ok, so this one's a little silly. But I have to admit, I live in yoga pants. If I'm home, I'm in yoga pants. Shoot, many days, whether I'm home or not, I'm in my yoga pants. The are so stinkin' comfy I can't help but live in them. Plus, something about yoga pants makes them acceptable to wear in public in the middle of the day at 25. Somehow sweatpants in the middle of the day looks like you never got out of your PJs (which is ok too), but yoga pants can look deliberate and as if they're not your PJs but your choice of outfit for the day. And comfy pants mid-day in public is always something to be thankful for.

I'm thankful for zoo memberships. Ronnie and I got a year long zoo membership. It's AWESOME. For $80 a year, we both can go to the zoo as much as we want, we get 2 guest passes, and free or discounted admission to over 150 zoos across the country. Here's the best part: going one time is $18. So with the 2 guest passes (value $36) we only have to go once each to make it worth the money. My girlfriend and I are going to meet there weekly to walk and chat while our girls get to look at fun animals and learn new things. Win-win for everyone! 


Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful that Mckenna is still alive and well after two full days of me being Mr. Mom. Now, I certainly didn't think I was irresponsible enough to get her killed, but the fact that she hasn't been injured in any way is a miracle. I hope that trend continues.

I'm thankful for my new U of A cup. For Christmas, Josh and Chrissy got me a UofA 24 oz water cuppy thermosy thingy that has been awesome to drink my water out of. It keeps it colder than a regular cup would and of course, I get to see one of my favorite sights on earth every time I take a drink - the block "A"!!

I'm thankful for my "magic touch". I'm not convinced of it, but Mandi says I have the magic touch when it comes to burping Mckenna. I'm not thankful for my sake, but for Mckenna's. Air in her tummy must drive her crazy and I'm just glad that I can help her feel better. So, come to think of it, when she feels better, she's a happier baby and in turn, we are happier parents. So I AM thankful for my sake :)

So, what are you thankful for today?