Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Goofy Discoveries & Opportunities


It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for goofy discoveries. Mckenna has found her tongue - big time. She now moves her tongue in and out of her mouth while she chatters, while she's just sitting, while she's playing. She like to babble and move it. She likes to use it to make a smacking sound. And we're not talking she barely sticks it out...she REALLY sticks it out. It's so adorable and I love it.

I'm thankful there is Easter. The real meaning of Easter can be overlooked by focusing on bunnies and colored eggs. But I'm thankful for what Easter celebrates. I'm thankful the God of the universe sent His only son, to die on the cross for my sins. So I may be made pure and spend eternity with Him. I'm so thankful!

I'm thankful for family. We had a fun family celebration for Easter. We went to Ronnie's Aunt's house with his whole extended family. We always have a fun time all together!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful that we were able to celebrate Easter with so much family around. I have a very large extended family so it's nothing new, but what is new, is seeing the joy in their eyes when they're around Mckenna. It's just so endearing and sweet to watch them hold her and to see Mckenna's process of looking over new faces.

I'm thankful for our cast-iron Dutch oven. We were able to use it for the first time last night and we made some Corned Beef Irish Stew. Mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm. The meat was so tender that you could cut it with your pinky finger and the natural broth the resulted from boiling the meat along with potatoes, carrots and cabbage was amazing.

I’m thankful for opportunities. Opportunities come in many shapes and sizes, and I'm thankful for every single one of them. Particularly, I'm thankful for the upcoming opportunities to meet several people in the CF community that I have so far, only communicated with via email and Facebook. 

So, what are you thankful for today?