Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I'm not a big "flashbulb memory" kind of a guy

I've never been one with a great memory. I'm terrible with names. I often forget wether or not I have been to certain places. You can forget about dates with me. And I have very, very few "flashbulb memories"

There is one however, and one that is very distinct.

September 11th, 2001.

I can remember that day like it was yesterday and not 11 years ago.

Today, I just ask that you keep the 1000's of families who were directly impacted by the attacks in your prayers, as well as the millions of us who were indirectly affected.

Hug your children a little tighter.

Tell your wife that you love her.

Thank someone who puts their life on the line everyday to protect the welfare and safety of others, wether it be on these shores or abroad.

I truly love this country and feel very fortunate that I'm able to call myself an American.

That day will forever stay with me and I hope to be able to articulate that importance of that day to my children.

I will never, ever forget.

**As a side note: One of the greatest books I have ever read covers this tragedy in great detail and when reading it, it almost feels as if you were in the towers that day. It's called 102 Minutes and I would highly recommend it to everyone.