Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Baking & Baking


It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for baking. I don't know why, but something about baking is therapeutic for me. I like the act of measuring, stirring, tasting. I love the whole process. As a result, I bake...a lot! I usually get away the fruits of my labor because otherwise I'd weigh 3000 lbs. But regardless, I'm thankful!

I'm thankful for a baby who's flexible. I have started weaning Mckenna. I've decided it's best for me and her if we wean one feeding at a time, until we are all done. Well I geared up to drop the first feeding, figuring Mckenna might struggle, but she's been a gem. Maybe she's more ready than I am.

I'm thankful that I got to nurse. Nursing seems to be quite the hot topic these days. From how long it's ok to nurse, to people being bashful about people nursing in public. Every family has to do what is right for them, but I am a firm believer in the power of breast milk and the beauty of the bonding experience between momma and baby. It hasn't always been easy. There have been several points where nursing seemed tough or we had to battle different issues, but I am so thankful that we were able to stick it out and make it through her first year of life getting the perfect nutrition that only God could create. I will forever cherish this time that we had together.


Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for all kinds of options to eat healthy, yet still stuff I like. I never thought I'd be able to lose some fat that I have while eating so much food throughout the day. It feels like I'm constantly eating, yet I can see and feel my body transforming. It's also been fun to learn about nutrition more in-depth and why we need certain nutrients and when. I'm really looking forward to the next phase which is muscle building.

I'm thankful for creative baking. Along the same lines of what I said above, it's so awesome to find creative recipes for stuff that will satisfy my sweet tooth. Just yesterday, we made chewy oat bars with no sugar, no white flour and no butter. The tasted great and were only 62 calories a bar!!!

I'm thankful for cooler weather. We're finally supposed to have a week with no temperatures in the 100's. That's going to make my garden happy, my plants happy, my grass happy, my family happy and me happy :)

So, what are you thankful for today?