Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Naps & Sentences

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for longer naps. We dropped Mckenna down to one nap. She was still only napping an hour...YIKES. That makes for a cranky kid. So after a couple days of tough love (AKA, telling her she'd have to stay in her bed until naptime was over, and that making her stay in bed 1.5 hours) She started sleeping 1.5-2 hours. The few days of transition weren't ideal, but went pretty well. She'd fuss for a few minutes off and on in the middle, but generally go back to sleep. But I'm SO happy she's sleeping a good, solid nap. She's a happier kid!!

I'm thankful for iced coffee. I've been having iced coffees in the morning and they hit the spot...BIG TIME.

I'm thankful for time off IVF meds. We decided to take a little break from IVF (since I've been on some kind of IVF med since November). We are only taking a month off, but somehow knowing I won't be on meds for a whole month feels like the weight of the world is lifted off of my shoulders. Silly to some, I know, but I have a feeling a lot of ladies can relate.

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for a wife who does it all. A couple things I love about Mandi: She is more than happy when I drive the ship and she's more than willing to drive the ship when I'm not. She picks up my slack without a complaint and to be perfectly honest, usually does the job I was going to do, better. I fall more in love with her every day.

I'm thankful for fresh fruit. We've been eating a lot of fresh fruit lately for breakfast and throughout the day. We've been scarfing on pineapple, mango, cantaloupe, watermelon and blueberries recently and they have been wonderful. We actually have some watermelon and cantaloupe growing in the garden that I can't wait to try!!

I'm thankful for "sentences". Mckenna has been talking in sentences lately and it is so cute...if you consider two to three understandable words a sentence or six words of gibberish. It's just so amazing to me how quickly children develop.

So, what are you thankful for today?