Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cystic Fibrosis and Me- A CF Short Film

Here is a short-film from my Fibro Casey who lives out in the great state of Texas. This film documents his daily morning routine and does a good job of portraying a typical morning for may of us CFers. Make sure you watch until the very end, my favorite part is one of the last scenes and it had me laughing out loud (when you see his feet on the ceiling you'll know what I'm talking about).

**Sickboy does not endorse anything in this video as medical advice...although I have told many woman in the past that I'm a brain surgeon (on my days off from being a rocket scientist)**

5 people had something to say...:

Unknown said...

Haha, that is hilarious at the end!

Unknown said...

That last part has to be good for drainage right?!

I'm curious what he and you are growing. That seems to make such a big difference in how elaborate the treatment plans are.

I keep waiting for the day when they find something other than just staph in my lungs and my regimen increases to include Tobi or Pulmozyme etc.

Unknown said...

I can't speak for Casey, but as for me, I grow Pseudomonas aeruginosa and MRSA in my lungs. I've been growing PA as long as I can remember and MRSA for about 6 or 7 years.

Yeah, I guess we should all be doing "toilet stands" for drainage :)

Ronnie

bankrgrl said...

That was worth watching until the end. I can't say that I've ever tried a "toilet stand" before, but hey - you gotta go with what works.

Lindsay - I have 3 different strains of PA and staph (but not MRSA). I think we're all different. As an aside, I can't do Tobi (or any aminoglycoside) because I have a severe allergic reaction.

Anonymous said...

This is casey, Yeah i've grown staff and pseudomonas all my life, But i haven't grown MRSA since i was about 13...
Now, i wouldn't say toilet standing is a symptom of me taking Tobi or Pulmozyme...BUT i have found it very affective.
I also have something i like to call "the bow and arrow" which is where you act like your shooting an arrow and when you pull back you push your hand (the one that just pulled back)as fast and as hard as you can forward...I think the movement helps a lot as far as breaking up mucus and getting it out. AND I LOVE TRENDELINBURG CPT!
were you laydown on a slope and get chest PT, or clapping, or patted(what ever you like to call it)
Plus you gotta do what you gotta do!!!