Thursday, July 2, 2009

Getting Thrown Off Schedule

5:45am: It was back to a 5:45 wake up call today cause I had to get to the gym early to cram in the plans for the rest of the day. It was shoulder/leg day so the lifting part went fast and without any hitches. I then did some cardio for about 15 minutes. I wanted to go for more time, but I knew that I didn't want to feel rushed getting ready for the day, so I cut it short. I still got a good workout in and my lungs held up pretty well the whole time. They are definitely getting gunkier as of late, but I've also been off on my routine and I think that has a lot to do with it. It turns into a crazy cycle of getting to bed later and later, not getting good sleep, and then waking up later in the morning plus being more tired. Then, I would generally go to bed later the next night cause I don't get tired as early. It's so important to stay on as consistent of a schedule as possible. When it gets thrown off, I feel thrown off. Something has been different these last handful of days and I'm thinking it's a direct result of the crazy schedule. Somehow I need to get back on track.

Total Distance: 1.6 miles

Side Note: Speaking of getting back on schedule, it's going to be really tough for the next couple of days. Mandi's parents flew in from China today so we're going to be spending a lot of time hanging out with them and doing fun stuff. Luckily they're active old farts (sorry Nancy, I didn't mean it) so I'll still be active and not sitting on my booty all day. I'm sure getting the gym in should be no problem, but I may have to be creative with cardio.

Total Distance for Day: 1.6 miles

2 people had something to say...:

Terry Greene Sterling said...

We're going to follow your blog. Everything you say resonates. I'm sort of starting one at
http://whitewomaninbarrio.com/

Kellee said...

I am so so excited!!
My arms hurt like woah this am!!
Random I know.
Thank you and Mandi!!!!