Sunday, July 19, 2009

It's All About The Mucus!!!

So I've been in the Hole now 5 full days and I've got to say that I'm doing pretty good. I was super sleepy all day today, but besides tasting soap with my coffee (didn't do a good job rinsing the mug), I had a great day overall.

I now would like to present to you a video blog about possibly the most important issue to CFers all over the world: Getting that icky sticky ooey gooey green stuff out of our lungs. It's all about the mucus baby!


9 people had something to say...:

Michele Moore said...

That was very encouraging! I think what scares parents and even teachers and some friends is when a CFer does start coughing and coughing. It sounds terrible and scary! Everyone needs to be aware that even though it sounds scary now, it has a good chance of not being scary later on.

Denise said...

I don't know what you're going to do in this video so I didn't watch it...my stomach is still funny from the ultra so I'm not what I can handle seeing!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ronnie!
It's Tonya from CF.oom.
LOVE this one! I'm definitely showing it to Andrew today! He's super compliant, but messages like this always help!

Karla said...

Thanks again Ronnie for the education....Your video's have helped alot...Hearing you with the raspy voice,,,actually educated me alot.. My precious one gets that alot and I would worry terribly..Now I am less worried knowing this is okay..

I also plan on having my precious one watch this video,, because she will swallow the mucous alot to keep from the strain of coughing it out..And of course she ends up sick to her stomach....

Thankyou for sharing your stay in the hospital,,Karla

Anonymous said...

Great video! Thanks for your encouragement to all of us. :)

I am 33 years old with cf and I have to agree that exercise (which helps get that mucus out) has made a huge impact in my life. It's when I am in the hospital and can't easily exercise that I lose lung function the fastest.

Shantina Warren said...

Thanks for sharing, my daughter and I just watched and hopefully she has a better understanding of the importance of staying healthy. I hope that your stats continue to come up. We go back for another check-up on 8-17 hopefully the pseudomonas will be gone. We will be looking for updates

Unknown said...

I'm lovin your video blog. I look forward to more videos soon!

Anonymous said...

WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS!!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQSW478zcmk

Somer Love said...

I had to always cough up in cups 10 times no matter what after getting ponded.... Then my mom inspected it.

I am thinking about doing some mucus art just think a decorated plate with sushi and some ginger then use some mucus for the wasabi. A perfect photo op :)