Monday, July 20, 2009

"New" Treatment for CFers

So we tried a new treatment the other day (out of pure boredom) and I thought I would share it with you guys. It actually got me to cough quite a bit. Not sure how long the vest would last though with all of the beating it took!

5 people had something to say...:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I tell ya, Mandi is an Angel! Tip for you.....My vest company told me if I cough REALLY, REALLY hard which I do everytime I cough, I am a hard cougher; they said to stop the vest cause it could be what causes it to stop inflating. So I would imagine banging the vest like that might damage it. Not telling ya what to do just thought I would share what my vest company said to me about coughing too violently, so I would imagine if coughing too hard can cause it to break, banging the ^%^& out of it not so good. Maybe you can break up the vest time with the manual CPT and then put Vest back on. Although I know you were trying to kill many birds with one stone. Good luck, let us know how you figure this out, McGyver!!!

Jennifer
IL.

Katey said...

WOW...I love it!!! Wouldn't hurt to try it a few times =) I didn't know they had "cups" to do manual PT with??? They still use the hands at our CF hospital(s)

bankrgrl said...

Mandi seems to be enjoying that far too much!!!

I'm all for multi-tasking but I've never thought about doing Vest and CPT at the same time. I think because I exclusively use the Vest at home and do "real" CPT in the hospital (I can't do the Vest when I'm accessed - it dislodges my port needle EVERY time).

Lindsey J said...

Now I can see why Mandi's arms are ripped.

Hope you two are doing well...

Lindsey

Lauren said...

wow I've never seen those clapper things for chest PT, am I living under a rock or are those new?