Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti, Rain and Community

What a great week so far!! There is SO MUCH to be thankful for that it's a little tough to narrow it down to just three things...

First, I'm so thankful that Mandi's best friend (and maid of honor) Lenore could be in town with us this week with her boyfriend Mo. They actually came here to Phoenix from Haiti where most of Mo's family lives. I'm very thankful that they were not in Haiti at the time of that devastating earth quake, but I would ask for your continued prayers for Mo's family and friends who lost someone or had their property badly damaged. It's been so nice hanging out with them as they are both very enjoyable people to be around.

I'm so thankful for the nice rain we had yesterday. Now, let me clarify, if we had rain all of the time, I wouldn't be thankful for it. But this is the desert, so it's a pretty rare occasion that we can actually get some rain. Tonight it was coming down that kitties and puppies! There were what seemed like sheets of rain pouring down from the sky. It's definitely nice to have a change from clear blue sunny skies once in a while...although I hope it goes back to being that way today!!

Finally, I'm so thankful for the overwhelming response to CysticLife.org! Many of you have joined us over there and for that I am so thankful. I never in my wildest dreams thought we would have nearly 500 members in just 3 days! The great part is, this is just the tip of the iceberg for where we plan on taking that site and this community. It's so nice to see others buying into our dream and it really validates the last 9 months of hard work :) If you haven't yet joined us, please go to CysticLife.org and sign up for a profile today. See you over there!