Thursday, January 7, 2010

Light Poles, House Hunting and Sushi

On Thursdays I like to reflect on a few things that I'm thankful for just so I'm forced to sit here and think about how good I have it. Don't get me wrong, I generally think about how good I have it every day, but it's nice to get it down on virtual paper once a week :)

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIC!!!!!!!! You're the best looking elder statesman that I know! (It's Mandi's dad's 50th birthday today)

Here we go....


I'm so thankful that I've successfully made it through two runs over 1 mile in the last 3 days! It may not sound like much, but after my last hospital stay, it took me a while longer to work back up to any sort of a distance. When working out, I'm always setting markers for myself and trying to approve upon them. For example, on yesterday's run I made it about 3 light poles further than I made it on Monday's run. On Friday, my goal is to run a handful of light poles further. It's all about going forward more than going backwards!

Mandi and I have stepped up our housing search for when we tie the knot! I feel so blessed to even be in the position to buy a home. There are so many people in this world that go their whole lives without ever owning a home. The fact that Mandi and I will be able to (hopefully, fingers crossed) start our lives in a home we chose and purchased, in a neighborhood that we picked out, is just mind blowing to me. Seriously, we are so so so so blessed.
I'm very thankful for being able to spend time with friends yesterday. It's been quite some time since we've hung with friends between being out of town so much and being so busy. We were able to get a small group together and catch up with the going-ons in their lives which was very nice. I'm also very thankful that things seem to be going very well for my friends also! We all caught up over some Happy Hour sushi at Ra which always makes me smile (I'll smile anytime I get something for half price)! Mandi and I are very blessed to have the group of friends that we do :)

Let me hear it guys, what are you thankful for today??