Friday, November 12, 2010

Today is a very special day

One year ago today, Mandi and I took a HUGE leap in our relationship and got engaged. It was certainly one of the most nerve wracking times of my life (as you can see on the video here), but also the best decision I have ever made. I can still remember picking up the ring at the jewelry store and just sitting in my truck for what seemed like hours staring at it. I can still remember all of the stories I had to give Mandi as to what I was doing to cover up for all my covert-ops to pick out the ring. Most importantly I can still recall all of the crazy emotions that I was feeling the days leading up to and the days after the engagement.

As I sit here and reflect on the year that has passed, I'd have to say that the best thing that has happened is those "new love" feelings haven't changed a bit. I still feel a rush every time Mandi walks into the room. When we were engaged I could look you in the eye and tell you without a shadow of a doubt that I had the best fiancee walking this planet. Now I can sit here and tell you that my wife is undoubtedly the best wife known to mankind. I'm just so proud to be her husband. I respect everything about her and am just floored that I actually landed her. She's WAY out of my league and I'm still trying to figure out what drug she was on to think I was an alright guy.

So Mandi, I love you, I cherish you and my love for you has never wavered and only gets stronger by the day. I still can't believe I get to spend the rest of my life with you. Whether it's one year or 100 years, know that I will always live my life as if it was our final day. You deserve more than I could ever give, but I will spend every day of my life trying to show you, through my actions, that you've made me complete and I am forever grateful. Love you honey.