Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday - No Morning Sickness

Know what time it is? It's thankful Thursday time! We checked into the Hole three weeks ago and it's time to celebrate a little thankful Thursday! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. as I mentioned, I no longer have the "linky tools" but I invite you to share your thankful blog in the comments section. Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for feeling good. I haven't had any major nausea yet, so that's a big one to be thankful about. I have some really minor nausea if I haven't eaten in awhile, or I eat a lot (especially of sugar), but nothing like what some people talk about. None of this feeling like I'm going to vomit or can't eat (I have the opposite problem, I can't stop eating!) But I am very thankful to be feeling so good.

I am thankful for Thai food. Last night we had Thai food for the second time since Ronnie's been in the hole, and man do I LOVE it! It always hits the spot. The best part is there's a great spot right by the hospital, so it's a quick drive to go pick it up. I absolutely LOVE asian cuisine, but I think Thai is my favorite. I am so thankful to spicy, flavorful food!

I'm thankful that I have a husband that takes care of himself. I must say, I was ready for Ronnie to get out Tuesday. I am ready to get back into the swing of things. But I would much rather push off the swing of things to have my hubby at 100%. But the best part is, he isn't just sitting around saying, "oh, I'll get better". He's been doing extra treatments and running/walking multiple times a day. I am so thankful that he takes such an active role in his health. (I'm also thankful that he can put up with my hormonal crankiness - which I tried to mask - when I realized that we may be here a while longer, and snuggling in our own bed would have to wait....he's such a trooper!)


Ronnie's List:

I'm very thankful that Mandi is able to be by my side every single day that I'm here in the Hole. I realize that some couples aren't as fortunate and I can of course see that making this time of our lives much tougher. Not only am I thankful for the simple moments we share together in here, but I'm also thankful that she's so willing to run and go get food when the hospital tray just won't cut it!!

Speaking of the Hole, I'm thankful that my PFTs didn't go down on my last test. Granted, they didn't go up like I wish they had, but I'll take a no percent gain over a ___ percent decrease everyday of the week. I'm hopeful that I'll start to feel back on top of my game in the next handful of days. For me, it's not about the numbers, but whether or not I'm to a point that I'm able to kick booty outside of this place.

Here's a repeat from last week, but it still holds very true for today. I'm thankful that there has been no blood. I've gone on some intense run/walks for the past couple of days, and so far, no blood. My goal was to put these lungs of mine to the test and I think I'm doing a decent job of doing so. I can't say that it will equal the workouts I have at home, but the fact that there is no blood so far is a good sign! Let's just hope that this trend continues.

So, what are you thankful for today?