Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday - There Will Be (NO) Blood

Know what time it is? It's thankful Thursday time! We checked into the Hole two weeks ago and it's time to celebrate a little thankful Thursday! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. as I mentioned, I no longer have the "linky tools" but I invite you to share your thankful blog in the comments section. Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for my loving husband. He has been such a trooper. The Progesterone shots have left my butt feeling like there are GIANT Charlie Horses in each (zone) where he sticks me. He, being the loving, awesome husband he is, has been rubbing my sore butt for hours these last few weeks. I don't know who will be more excited for these shots to be over at week 8!

I'm thankful for my Grammy. She taught me a WONDERFUL trick - the rubberband trick. Since I'm still incredibly bloated (I think it's still maybe getting worse, they say it will start to get better at some point...just in time to actually start showing), she told me the most wonderful trick to make my pants "fit". You feed a rubberband through the button hole on your pants, and put both ends around the button. It makes it so I don't have to feel like a stuffed pig trying to get my bloated belly into my all too small waistband. I love the wonderful tricks that my Grammy teaches me!

I'm thankful that God answered our prayers and we're pregnant. This was on my list last week too, but I think I'm allowed to do it two weeks in a row, right? Pretty sure it merits two weeks in a row. I am just so thankful that we are pregnant and praying that we will be holding our baby(ies) in 9 short months. I never knew I could love little sesame seed(s) so much. I am so thankful that God has blessed us with this(these) baby(ies)!!

I'm thankful for exercise bikes at the hospital. Our hospital provides exercise bikes in the room if you want one. And man has it been nice. I'll throw on some sneakers, and sit and pedal while watching TV with my hubby. It's a great way to get my heart rate up a bit, tone my legs, and make my lungs work - plus is helps ward off the bed sores I probably would otherwise get while Ronnie's in the hole...seems like all I do at night is lay in bed!

Ronnie's List:

I'm very thankful that Mandi's belly is getting bigger! I know that it is no guarantee that we are still pregnant or that this whole thing is going to go off without a hitch, but it sure feels good to see it growing. Plus, I happen to think that there is nothing sexier than a pregnant woman, especially when that woman is my wife. I don't know what it is, but I've always been so drawn to that belly. I think it's because of the vast respect I have for a woman that can carry a human being inside her belly. Crazy!

I'm thankful that for the last couple of days, I've woken up feeling a little bit better than the day before. I never quite know when it's going to happen here in the Hole, but it's always a good sign. Barring any unforeseen circumstances and assuming I continue making the strides that I'm currently making, I fully expect to be outta here next week. I'm hopeful that the way I feel and my PFTs warrant a release (with the most important thing being the way that I feel).

I'm thankful that there has been no blood. I've gone on run/walks for the past two days, and so far, no blood. I told my doctors that my goal for this week was to try and make myself bleed by really pushing my lungs. I can't say that I've kicked it into overdrive quite yet, but the fact that there is no blood so far is a good sign! Let's just hope that this trend continues.

So, what are you thankful for today?