Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Opinions & Cereal

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. as I mentioned, I no longer have the "linkytools" but I invite you to share your thankful blog in the comments section. Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for dry cereal. It seems like I NEED something sweet at least once a day (no, this isn't a preggo craving, this is just my sweet tooth). Lately, Ronnie and I have a little cup of dry cereal as our dessert, and mannnn do I love it. We don't snack on healthy cereal, we snack on honey combs, s'mores, you name it. MMM I'm getting hungry now that I'm talking about it.

I'm thankful for bed. Every night, when my head hits the pillow, it feels like I've died and gone to heaven. By the end of the day, I'm so wiped, that bed feels like the best thing on earth. There are times I find myself day dreaming mid-day about bedtime!

I'm thankful for water. I feel like I can't get enough water these days. Partially because I know I'm supposed to drink a ton and partially because I sweat so much during my workouts I get thirsty after. I drink at least 100-130 ounces a day, and mm mm mm, there's nothing better than an ice cold glass of water.

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for flexibility. Working from home has it's perks, and one of them is flexibility. I usually do a spin class a 5:15pm but yesterday I was feeling a 9:45am work out instead. It's nice just to be able and drop everything in the middle of the day and work out. I think the flexibility I get from working at home outweighs the feeling that I'm ALWAYS tied down to my computer when I'm at home (which is not a perk from working from home). Nevertheless, love the flexibility.

I thankful for friends willing to give their time. We recently had a server issue over on CysticLife.org because the community over there is just so darn active that they were using all of the memory! Thankfully, I have a buddy that specializes in server issues and was able to get us back up and running at full speed within 24 hours. He even provided his service at a DEEPLY discounted rate. We're talking like 80% off! Got to love having friends that are awesome at stuff that I'm not :)

I'm thankful for opinions. As many of you know, I'm very opinionated (and believe me when I tell you, you guys probably only see about 20% of what I'm actually thinking) but I love hearing opinions back. With this online world, opinions are very easy to give behind a screen name that conceals your identity, but one thing that is nice about some social forums that I am on, is that most people go by their real name. I'd much rather hear an opinion that I disagree with from someone that I know, than read or "overhear" stuff being said "in the shadows". One thing I'm a firm believer in though - if you have an opinion, make sure you know how you came to form that opinion.

So, what are you thankful for today?