Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Arizona and CF

Question - A friend of mine has a 5 year old with CF and she's been pretty sick ever since they moved to Portland, probably due to the weather. They've heard from a lot of people that they should move to Arizona because the dry heat helps people with CF. What are your thoughts on this? Would you suggest the move? Is there anything they should worry about? I was much healthier when I was living in SoCal out by the high desert, but I don't want to go on just my experiences. I want to know how CFers in Arizona feel. Any opinion and feedback would be much appreciated.

'''''''

Answer - I've lived in AZ my whole life. With that said, I've had the opportunity to travel and stay in many places. The only place that I have breathed any better was southern California. Not LA, but Orange County or SD. I myself do not do well with humidity or cold, but it could be a result of being used to what I'm used to. I've heard many other CFers say the same thing however.

The stuff that you have to worry about in AZ is allergies and dust. A lot of people say they battle allergies a bit when first moving here. And there are some days that dust is in the air, so it is best to stay inside. Those days are the exception however. Most days are clear and sunny and perfect for exercise!!


""""

What about the rest of you? Do you think weather/climate has a negative or positive on your experience with CF? Do me a favor - in the comment section, tell me where you live and wether or not the climate there has a positive effect, negative effect or no effect. Or, if you decide to write a blog on the topic, please leave the link in the comment section.

Thanks guys!!