Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Snaggle Teeth & Marriage Series


It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for stir fry. Ronnie made killer stir fry last night. I don't have anything profound to say about it. It was just delicious and therefore I'm thankful for it.

I'm thankful for fall. Fall is such a fun time of year. The weather cools off. Mornings are crisp. Trees turn colors. The excitement starts to build for the holidays. I love it all and I'm thankful that it's that time of year

I'm thankful for snaggle teeth. "HUH?" You're thinking. Yup, snaggle teeth. Mckenna's new name around here is snaggle tooth. She got her bottom two front teeth a few months back. We have been waiting for her top two middle teeth to come in...they're usually the next ones to come, right?! When it comes to Mckenna, WRONG. Instead of getting her middle two top teeth, she's getting one, big, lone tooth to the left of her middle two top teeth. She looks like she has the craziest mouth ever, and I love it. Her little snaggle tooth is so adorable...even if it makes her look like a vampire hillbilly!!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for an active wife. It is an absolute joy being married to someone who likes to stay active. I get great encouragement from Mandi when I see the example that she sets daily. She is willing to get up early, move around her schedule and delay things she'd rather be doing to make sure she gets in her exercise. Example: She often goes to a 4:40am core class and then for a run on days where is looks Mckenna's first nap may run into our regular exercise time. She's amazing.

I'm thankful for our current small group Bible study. We're currently doing a marriage series in our small group based off of a book that was co-authored by a Pastor and his wife. If you're interested, it's called Real Marriage: The Truth About Sex, Friendship, and Life Together by Mark and Grace Driscoll. The book is a great read, the workbook asks great questions and the videos keep my attention. I love talking about relationships in general, but if I'm able to strengthen my own marriage through those conversations, then it's all for the better.

I'm thankful for a better grasp on foods that are good for me. I've been really into nutrition and clean eating lately, and I've been very pleased with the results. I feel better overall; I have more energy; I'm less bloated. It's been fun coming up with unique ways to create really healthy meals that still taste great!!

So, what are you thankful for today?