Sunday, March 29, 2009

Yellow Junk Road

7:00am: I actually woke up at about 6 this morning, but I forced my myself to stay in bed longer. I slept well with the exception of having to unwrap my o2 cord from around my forehead a couple times throughout the night. I had a slight headache when I woke up, so maybe my SATs were dropping when the oxygen was going into my forehead skin instead of into my nostrils. It could have been just the pressure from the cord as well that gave me the headache. I was also a bit tight this morning and started it out by hoping in the shower to try and relieve my head and get some junk up. I was moving a lot of yellow crap out in the shower and of course the bloody boogers came when I blew my nose. A shower first thing in the morning can turn into quite a show.

Jezzabel was REALLY fired up about her walk this morning. I don't know if she realized that she got cheated out of a walk yesterday, but she was standing by my bedroom door when I opened it. She was looking up and it was if she was saying, "Don't forget about me again daddy!". She had a huge smile on her face and was wagging her tail so hard that I thought she was going to chip the paint off of the walls. This morning was perfect for a walk. The air was crisp yet the sun felt strong, so it was a perfect balance between hot and cold. When we first started, I was coughing quite a bit and actually had to concentrate on holding down last night's dinner. After securing the dinner in my stomach, I coughed away and moved up more junk. By this time it was clear and when I was done with all of the hacking, my lungs felt better and much more open. That's one thing I really love about getting up early and going for these walks, it really opens me up and feels like I'm getting in an extra treatment.

My left foot was slightly sore in the beginning of the walk, but definitely got better about half way through. I'm not sure if I'm still getting used to the ortho insert or I did slight damage to a muscle or tendon in there. A runner friend of mine said it took her feet at least 1 week to get used to her inserts. I'm really hoping that is what it is, because I don't want to take more time off of running if I don't have to. Much more of just this walking crap and I'm going to have to change the name of this blog.

Total Distance: 2.1 miles Time: 35'33" ( I believe that is the best time yet)

2:00pm: Mandi and I headed to the gym to work out our arms after our Dunkin Donuts had digested. Mandi continued her theme by showing me up at the gym and making me look like a poor excuse of a man. While I was huffing and puffing in between reps, she was busy doing abs 3 feet away from me. When she was done with her abs, she would jump right into her arms again. I spent the day just trying to keep her pace and it kicks my butt. I was able to increase my weight or my reps on every lift, so I'm happy about that.

We also ran on the treadmill between every lift which really gives me a good workout. It's also nice to have Mandi around for that cause she really pushes me. I usually just run 2 minutes at a 4 mile per hour pace, but she had me bump it up and increase it every time. She thought it would actually be easier for me to run at a faster pace. As always, she was right on. It was actually easier to run a little faster and it challenged my lungs more. By the end of our time at the gym, I was running 2 minutes at a 6 mile per hour pace! I ran for .2 miles straight and my legs and lungs could have gone longer. My lungs were definitely in worse shape than my legs and I was taking big ol' breaths in at the end of 2 minutes. My feet didn't hurt at all and I didn't feel any shin splints. I think taking it easy for a couple of days really paid off, so I'm hoping to get back into the full routine next week. Current Weight: 187lbs.

Total Distance: 1.03 miles

Total Distance Walked/Run for Day: 3.13 miles