Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Top Ten Reasons To Get Married: Life

Here goes, the number 10 reason to get married:

No.10 - Marriage makes you live longer

One of the ways that getting married improves your life is by making it last longer. Various studies have indicated that happily married men tend to outlast their single counterparts. For example, a 2006 study performed by University of California researchers contended that single people are five times more likely to die of infectious disease, nearly 40% more likely to die of heart disease and twice as likely to die accidentally. Other studies suggest that the rate of mortality is a whopping 250% higher among single men than it is among married men.


Sold!! We all need to add some years to this life and if marrying my best friend is a way to do so then I say sign me up!! It makes sense though and I totally get it. I can completely relate to this statistic in this regard: Mandi gives me the best reason yet to live longer. Not only that, but she makes me want to fight even harder to live. Not only live like taking breaths live, but really live you know? Conquer things that I've never even attempted before. Improve on the things I already do. Be a better and more caring man. Draw from her strength and cover her weakness.

I've never ever wanted NOT to live, but I feel like the first time in my life I now have a reason not to die...Mandi would kill me if I did :)

Check out the intro to this list here.