Thursday, March 12, 2009

3rd Day's a Charm?

6:00am: When the alarm first went off this morning I thought I was dreaming. My dream involved a spaceship, the sun, and some commander guy (we can get into that some other time). I'm pretty sure the beeping I heard was the spaceship backing up and not my alarm (I stand by that). Anywho, my alarm goes off and when I tried to get up I couldn't get out of bed because apparently someone came in the middle of the night and chopped them off. They were so dead. I was thinking to myself that the bed was a perfect place for my dead legs, but in the end somehow managed to get out of the sack. Granted that whole scene there took a matter of 3 to 4 minutes but it sure felt longer. At the beginning of the walk it was the same old same old. A lot of coughing and hacking up loogies onto the sidewalk just in case I got lost I would have a trail to follow home and some more coughing. I think I only dry heaved twice though so we're making improvement in that camp. Jezzabel is also improving right along with me, although in one stretch she stopped to sniff 482 times (I counted). There was only one hitch in the walk. Me thinks that I took a wrong turn, but I feel just as strongly that I didn't. I seemed to notice houses that either were built last night or I've just been blind to. The distance would be the same no matter which path I took so it's a wash. Thought of another hitch: I literally have a hitch in my step because that little round bone that sticks out of the side of my ankle hurts. It is constantly hitting my shoe and it's starting to get painful/annoying. I'll have to figure something out.

Total Distance: 2.1 miles

9:00am: I left for the gym earlier than usual today so I would be home for my beloved Wildcats to take on the Scum Devils. The gym was less packed than it is at noon, so I may have to look into working out earlier. Today was all about those long threads that hang down from the sleeves of my shirt...oh wait, those are actually my arms. I worked on my biceps, triceps, and forearms. Or as people like me in the biz call them our bi's, tri's and fores(?). Who knows. Well like every other day this week I am extremely weak and slightly embarrassed when I lift. Almost every girl at the gym today was curling more weight than I was. Oh well, just more motivation. Current Weight: 190 lbs.

Side note: I'm working on getting a new nebulizer compressor because my old one just isn't cutting it anymore. I need one with more juice. I'll let you know how that goes.

5:00pm: Mandi and I picked up the pace on our run/walk because a buddy of mine is treating me to a Sun's game. Thanks Wong. I've got to say that today felt better than yesterday and I'm hoping not as good as tomorrow. I definitely ran more of the 2.1 mile loop than yesterday, but still only ran maybe .4 miles total. My mucus is really clearing up from all of the coughing that I do while running. When we got back I asked Mandi if somebody mugged us on the road because I had a huge stabbing pain in my lung. I thought maybe I got shanked and never noticed. Hopefully, it's just air getting into a part of the lung that it hasn't been in a while.

Side note: While on the run I saw a FedEx delivery truck. Did you know that a perfect arrow forms between the E and X of the logo? I didn't until about 3 months ago. Then again, I'm retarded.

Total Distance: 2.1 miles

Total Distance of Run/Walk for Day: 4.2 miles