Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Better than Expected

6:00am: I ended up getting to bed a lot later than usual last night after I got caught up doing some work on the computer. Surprisingly, I wasn't that tired this morning and my lungs felt much better than yesterday morning. I ended up pointing the stand alone fan towards the lower half of my body last night, so I think that helped. I didn't cough up nearly as much mucus this morning and my lungs didn't feel as tight. After the bleed yesterday, I had no idea how I would feel when I woke up. Thankfully, it was better than I expected.

J Bell was chomping at the bite this morning ready for her walk. It's funny, when my alarm goes off I'll always hit snooze at least once. It almost feels like I'm cheating the system somehow by getting 5 extra minutes. Anyway, when that first alarm goes off, you can instantly hear Jezzabel's collar clinking down the hall way as she sprints to my door. She then lays there whining until I let her in. Some people have wondered why she doesn't sleep in my room. The reason is because when she did sleep in my room in the past, she then thought that she could lay on my bed while I was gone. I would then end up with a big dark circle on my comforter in the spot she would lay. So I nipped that in the bud by banishing her from my room at night and making her sleep where dogs were created to sleep: On a big fluffy overpriced more comfortable than my bed "doggy pillow". Excuse me while I go barf.

Total Distance: 1.9 miles Time: 32'45"

6:00pm: We took off for our walk first today in the hope that the after-work crowd would thin out at the gym. The walk went well and I wasn't coughing all that much. There was a stretch when I did have a slight attack, but that was after we got a whiff of this strong scent of charcoal. It literally took my breath away and it felt like it caused my lungs to itch. It was a very strange sensation. Anyway, that was about it as far as the lungs went. My foot felt good as well and we were able to keep a pretty good pace. At the end of our walk I was breaking into a good sweat and my legs were tingling. It was a very good feeling! I'm hoping to run tomorrow even though it's leg day at the gym. My feet and legs are feeling good and I need to take advantage of that.

Total Distance: 3.0 miles Time: 51'30"

7:00pm: We left for the gym right when we were finished with our walk. You know that after-work crowd that we were trying to avoid? Yeah well, we didn't. It was hard to workout today because it was arm day and half the time there were no dumbells racked. Well at least the girly weight that I do. We were also on a bit of a time crunch cause we still needed to eat and get our American Idol fix. We really powered through the gym. We often did exercises back-to-back and even combined two tricep lifts into a super set. It absolutely kicked my butt. I definitely got a good workout in, and Mandi was enjoying the pain I was in. Current Weight: 185 lbs.

Total Distance Walked for Day: 4.9 miles

1 people had something to say...:

Kellee said...

You and your american idol crack me up!!