Monday, May 25, 2009

A Little Bit of Blood

6:45am: So one thing I forgot to mention in yesterday's post is that I coughed up a little bit of blood last night. It happened right before I went to bed. It wasn't pure blood, but it wasn't streaked with mucus either. It was mostly blood, with just a little bit of mucus. Good thing though is I only coughed up about 1/2 tablespoon. In my "coughing up blood" world, that's nothing. I may have dislodged a little mucus plug or something, cause it wasn't a usual episode. It only lasted for about 2 minutes. Anyway, all it did was motivate me to step it up today.

Waking up early on this Memorial Day certainly wasn't the easiest thing I've ever done, but I had more energy than I would have expected. I was up pretty late last night hanging with my brothers and we had an active day in the pool yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised with how wide awake I was. Mandi and I headed for the gym to do legs/shoulders and some cardio. Shoulders were same ol' same ol' with us doing the rehab routine (which Mandi says she likes) and then with legs we changed it up a bit. The LA Fitness near Mandi's house has newer equipment than the one near my house and we took advantage of that. We did various leg exercises that I had never done. Hopefully I'll be able to walk tomorrow unlike the last time I did new leg exercises.

After lifting we headed to the elliptical machines. We both did the fat burner program for 30 minutes. The program is pretty cool cause you start "running" on a flat surface with little resistance, then, out of nowhere, it feels like you're running up a sandy hill on the beach. It got my legs super fatigued and I was sweating like a mad man. Reading the US magazine from March 2008 helped pass the time though (it was the only magazine Mandi had). Towards the end I was coughing quite a bit and getting up some junk. I saved the really deep coughs for the lockeroom though so I could spit out the mucus that would come up. It's been a great start to this holiday!

Total Distance: 2.7 miles

I spent the rest of the day hanging with friends and family. Mandi and I were invited by her brother Josh and his girlfriend Christine to accompany them to the Diamondbacks game so we spent much of the afternoon there. Apparently we didn't stay long enough though. We left in the bottom of the sixth inning with the DBacks up 7-1. We thought the game was over and baseball games are incredibly long anyways. Well, come to find out, the Padres came back and ended up winning in the 10th inning 9-7. We missed quite the comeback. We did however ride the lightrail and eat at The Old Spaghetti Factory, so I have no complaints. We capped off the day by going to my aunt Mary's belated birthday party and hanging out with the fam. Great end to a great day!

Total Distance for Day: 2.7 miles