Sunday, June 21, 2009

Trip to Flagstaff

4:00am: Yes, you are seeing that time correctly. I woke up at 4am this morning! It wasn't to work out though, it was to take a little road trip. My little brother had a basketball tournament about 2 hours up the road in Flagstaff. I couldn't think of a better way to spend a Sunday than watching him hoop it up and escaping the 100+ degree heat for a day. The drive up is also a pretty nice one with all of the rolling hills and lush pine trees that are on both sides of the freeway. Don't get me wrong, first I had to get out of what seemed like an hour long of road construction, but once through that it was nothing but me and the open road, oh, and Mandi. The tournament itself went well with my brother's team finishing with a record of 4-2. It's always fun watching either of my brothers play sports, and yes, I am that guy that is yelling at the refs from the sideline.

6:00pm: I was very proud of Mandi and I that we made it to the gym today. After a "long" road trip and not much sleep the night before, I was dog tired. Hardly anything in me actually wanted to go to the gym, but I knew that I would regret it if I blew it off. Plus, it's kind of hard to skip anything with Drill Sergeant Mandi breathing down my neck. The workout went very well and my chest was still sore from what we did yesterday. That's always a good sign in my book! We tried to get through arms as quickly as we could so we could just get back to my house and relax. It was a pretty busy day, but we were able to wind down with some TV and dinner. By the way, if you've never seen the show Wipeout on ABC, you HAVE TO give it a shot. I literally cry tears every time I watch that show; it is so funny. Alright, that's my show plug for the day, you can make that check out to Ronnie Sharpe. Thanks ABC!!!!

2 people had something to say...:

Jason Addink said...

Ummmmm, road trip karaoke? Where are the videos? Your fans demand footage... :)

Katey said...

That's great and sweet that you went to see your brother play! And you still worked out...amazing! I didn't go to sleep until about 7am this morning, and awoke (for good) at 10am..ugh!!

Oh...and Wipeout is awesome. I laugh pretty much the entire time too!!