Sunday, August 23, 2009

Lovin Lane is "CF Made"

When you have Cystic Fibrosis, it just seems like you're cut from a different cloth. I feel that I often view things a little differently. It seems like I really don't sweat the small stuff. To be honest, I think I'm a little "tougher" than most of those around me. What I call "the talents of a CFer", Marcy (a CF momma and author behind Lovin Lane) calls "CF made". I'm sure that many of my fibros and cystas out there can relate to the following blog....


So I have learned that my son is CF made, which is what I refer to as durable...lol... whether diving into a pool, or taking a baseball or two or three to the face, he seems to have a high pain tolerance... Something I have come to realize God has issued CF children a little more of... So his CF made body and his love for life sends him up my fence.... Will I ever get a break from the ER I wonder?? Yes today I was spared, Thank you Jesus, for my heart can take only so many... I am wondering if all the over the top number of crazy things that happen to him, is to some how out weigh the CF.... hmmmm Food for Thought.... And yes I have survived boys (we have two in high school) but this one is going to do me in... This one is dangerously invincible... Or as I say CF Made...





So what do you think? Are you "CF made"?
I know I am.

4 people had something to say...:

Katelyn said...

Most definitely true! My parents always thought I was a little harder to pull the reigns in than my sister. I took more chances, tried more things, and somehow walked away numerous times unscathed. I think people with CF are different, and it's more than just our genetics.

Natalia Ritchie said...

Oh the stories we all can tell, I am sure! I am certainly CF made. I recently watched a mom have a complete melt down as her 2 month old got her vaccines, and I thought are you kidding?! I think our non-CF children are also going to take on some of that. Scarlett is going to be tough, since her mommy is tough....Her daddy, well, that's a different story!! LOL!! (kidding of course)

Unknown said...

ROTFLOL... that pic says it all! :D

Anonymous said...

It must be in the genes! Your picture is very familiar. My son is a year old and has hardly ever cried- he falls, sheds a few tears and goes right back at it. Even as an infant he rarely cried. I have honestly never seen a tougher kid- I thought it was just me! I guess he's just "CF made!"