Thursday, November 12, 2009

Great Opportunity for CF Awareness

Here's some of the things that I'm so thankful for today....


I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge how thankful I am for all of those who have served in our great military. I have many family members who have served honorably (and continue to do till this day) and am humbled by the dedication they have to serve. My dad retired a Chief Master Sergeant in the United States Air Force a handful of years back and his retirement ceremony continues to be one of the most emotional days that I've ever had. I can say without a doubt, that I was more proud of my dad that day than I have ever been before. To see how many lives he had touched during his military career was truly breathtaking. So to all of the men and women who serve this great country of ours and protect freedoms that I take for granted every day, THANK YOU!!!
I'm so thankful for my positive support system that has grown online. I've always had great family and friends that have been there for me and root me on like nobody's business, but it's nice to feel all of love coming from parts of the CF community. Like all of my other fibros and cysters know, you'll never really get it, unless you're in it. The fact that I have so many of you cheering me on that have been there and feel what I feel means the world to me. You'll never truly know what it means to me and I only hope that I can support and inspire all you as much as you have supported and inspired me.


I'm so thankful for the opportunity that Mandi and I have coming up this weekend in Dallas, Texas. We've been invited to be the "CF Education and Information" czars at an event called the CF Concert Series. I just hope that when people walk away from that event, they'll know more about CF than when they came. And if things go really well, we'll be able to plant a seed in those people that not only make them feel compelled to learn more about Cystic Fibrosis, but to pass that knowledge on to friends and family. A cure for CF starts with awareness and we hope to be able to create much of it at this event.