Thursday, March 18, 2010

Memories of Gma and High FEV1!!

Wow, I have so much to be thankful for on this Thankful Thursday post. Here's what it at the top of my list:

-Seeing my grandma reach her 80th year!! Let's face it, that's OLD. I've said many times that thinking about living that long actually makes me tired :), but now that I'll be married to a gal that would literally kill me if I died, I better change my plans! For my gma's 80th birthday, many of us sent her letters detailing fond memories that we have of her. I had two that came immediately to mind: playing baseball in her cul-de-sac and blowing on a noise maker with her. As far as baseball goes, I remember being amazed as a little kid that my grandma could actually hit the ball, but what blew my mind was when she ran the bases! She was ALWAYS down for a game outside and always willing to entertain all 13 of us grandchildren. My second memory is probably the most special cause it is one only shared between my gma and I. The dreaded noise maker. She had this little plastic thingy that when blown into would make a really crazy noise that always made her laugh. It didn't have the same effect on me however as it made me cough, but that was always followed by laughing in response to my gma's laugh which would in turn make me cough again. Follow that? Anybody notice what she was really doing? That's right, I was doing a treatment without ever realizing it! I would do it literally EVERY TIME I went to my gma's house which was often. She's sneaky, but she sure does love me :)

-I'm also thankful for all of the support shown to me the last couple of days on this blog and facebook. I asked for some accountability partners and that's exactly what I got! And I'm proud to report that although I was traveling all day and was very tired when I got home, I still managed to get a run in. I'm sure that I would not have done it if it had not been for all of the encouraging messages and comments. I can't thank all of you enough for that! Oh and on a separate but related note, I blew my highest FEV1 (69%) since July of 2007!! WOOT WOOT!!