Monday, May 10, 2010

12 Days and Counting...

I sit here racking my brain for a topic to post on, but unfortunately for you, all that comes to mind is WEDDING. I know it seems like that's all I've been posting about for the last 6 months. And welllllll, that's because it's all that's been on my mind for the last 6 months. So here you have it, all the latest and greatest in wedding news; with a little house mixed in.

We're 12 days out and boy, oh, boy am I excited. I couldn't help but think through ALL of Saturday by completing, "Two weeks from RIGHT now...." Everything from "Two weeks from right now we'll be getting ready," to "Two weeks from right now we'll be sitting eating the salad."

These last 12 days hold a lot of to-dos. We still have place cards to make, programs to print, favors to "construct", final dress fittings, arrangements to arrange, vows to write, and the list goes on. Every to-do I check off the list is with excitement, relief, and a little bit of sadness (as you only get to plan one wedding, so I'm trying to enjoy the last 2 weeks of the chaos). I have yet to turn into a total bridezilla (no comments mom or Ronnie), but my stress levels are starting to rise. I have begun to really feel the anxiousness from trying to mix my expectations of the day with everyone else's. It is beginning to get exhausting. With that said, I'm sure it's mainly pressure I have put on myself to create a day that is not only enjoyable for me and Ronnie, but our family and friends as well.

My mom has been a HUGE help. She's got an eye for detail and a brain that is wired for event planning. I'm pretty sure without her, I'd walk down the isle in a paper bag, carrying a single wilting hydrangea (did you know that without water they shrink/shrivel up within hours?? I didn't!) and eat pizza off of a paper plate. Ronnie has been incredible too. Making it to all of the major appointments, listening to me ramble for hours about details, and most of all, throwing his arm around me when I'm on the verge of a break down to remind me why I'm doing all of this in the first place. For those of you who follow the blog closely, you know that I'm the spaz, and Ronnie's always the one to put me at peace...he's remained that calming force throughout this whole process. AHHH, I just can't wait to make that Steady Eddy my hubby!

Changing gears - The house is coming along. In the 10 days since closing, we've managed to paint the kitchen, dining room, family room, master bedroom, study, living room, guest bedroom and all of the halls. Not to mention that we got some gardening done, all of our furniture moved in, other furniture bought, and the boxes unpacked. Needless to say, our house has really evolved into a home...minus the minor detail of a family living in it; that will change May 22.

So I'm sure you're reading this thinking, "oh my, I wish there was something I could do to help" (you were thinking that, right??)...well you're in luck. I have a request. Leave us some comments on how you made it through the last 2 weeks before your wedding. Were you stressed? Did you find a way to relax? Did you do anything that made the last few weeks FLY by? Do you have any last minute wedding pointers that will make our wedding the bombdigity? (Yes, I did just say bombdigity and yes that is the first word that came to mind). Clue us in!!! We'd love any pointers and words of wisdom you could pass along.