Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Second Near-Death Experience

- I'm so thankful that our A/C got fixed and it didn't cost us an arm and a leg. Luckily it was just a leg this time, but we still have both arms. We're fortunate to have two A/C units but the unit that went out provides the cold air for the part of the house we actually spend our time in. It's responsible for our master bedroom, living room, kitchen and dining room. Like I said though, it certainly could have been much worse. We've been sleeping in the guest bedroom the last couple of nights but will be back in our bedroom tonight!! The guy fixed it in literally less than 10 minutes as it was just a little part that happens to run the fan. It completely gave out (in fact, it exploded). Hopefully this new one will stay intact for a VERY long time.

- We road our bikes up to Coldstone Creamery tonight as a little bit of a reward for all of our hard work in the garden today. It was incredibly hot and we were out there a good couple of hours doing everything from pruning, to cutting, to raking, to watering, to pulling, to pushing. We were both sweaty messes at the end of it, so we decided to treat ourselves. We took off up the road about a mile and a half eager to get our mouthes on the pure cold goodness. We seriously couldn't wait!! Well, not sure when it happened, but the ol' creamery went out of business. No cold goodness for us. We did our best to make up for it when we went home though with some homemade zucchini muffins and whipped cream. Mmmmm mmmmm good :)

- Mandi talked a little bit about married life on yesterday's and I've got to say, I couldn't agree more. Married. Life. Rocks. It just makes everything better. I mean, I've drank 1000000 cups of coffee, but I've never shared a cup with my wife and I never knew coffee could get even better. I've cooked with others in the past, but cooking with my wife is more enjoyable and I swear the food tastes better. In fact, Mandi and I have much of the same routine in terms of our work day and shows we watch during lunch breaks, yet the time I spend with her now just seems better. I have yet to be able to verbalize it correctly, but I think I got close the other night while trying to explain how I felt to Mandi. I told her it was much like a person who has a near death experience. Everything from that point on takes on a different meaning and all of the experiences just seem better. I think our wedding day was that near death experience for me...or did that just not sound right??