Monday, August 16, 2010

Rondi + Skip Bo = Date Night

Ronnie and I have decided that we will each plan a date once a month. We made this agreement for several reasons. 1. We're both home bodies that are completely content sitting on the couch all weekend if you let us, and that's just not healthy 2. We thought it would be a nice way to spice things up every now and then by doing something fun (and different) together. 3. It's a good way to show your spouse how much you love them, by planning something special. 4. It's a nice tradition to start. The only rule is that you have to plan it and there are no limits. It can be a date at the house, a night out on the town, anything. A few weeks back, Ronnie posted pictures and a video from his date night; an Ernie Halter show. So I thought it was only fair to tell you/show you my date night.

Saturday morning I asked Ronnie to go on a date with me. He, of course, agreed - one thing I've learned in just the 3 months we've been married, the beauty of marriage is zero fear of rejection when you ask the other person out. The vision for the date: stay at home and relax, while doing something fun and romantic. I had planned a night of Skip Bo (our FAVORITE game to play together), wine, cheese and crackers. It ended up being the PERFECT date, in both of our eyes. I got to sit and chat with my hubby as he kicked my butt in several games of Skip Bo, while he got to attend the date without wearing pants (Ronnie defines pants as "confining" and an "optional item" when in the comfort of his own home). WIN - WIN for all parties involved!

Here are a few pictures from the night...have no fear, I have cleverly taken the photos to be appropriate for your viewing :)